Sunday, June 14, 2009

Jeff Lundy and Shannon Ross

Congratulations on winning our contest for FREE wedding photography valued at $2350.00. Their wedding is on March 20th 2010 and we can't wait to get started with your engagement shoot.


This is Jeffs letter to me.

Joseph,
My name is Jeff Lundy and I am writing on behalf of my beautiful fiancĂ©e Shannon Ross (who grew up in Jensen Beach) and me. We are getting married in Palm City on March 20th, 2010 and this is our story. From the day I met her, Shannon has been an unbelievable gift. She is a tough and funny woman who has always strengthened me and pushed me to be better. The best times in my life have been better with her; and no matter how difficult of a situation I have faced, I have always known that my luck in finding Shannon outweighs any bad circumstance. Shannon and I met in college in Sarasota when we were 21 years old, and have since been together for nearly six years. Early in our relationship we both faced the hard choice of what we wanted to do with our lives and our careers. Each of us searched for the best way to utilize our skills and abilities to contribute to society. Shannon started her career in non-profit, and she just completed her MBA from the University of Michigan. She hopes to work in non-profit/corporate partnerships to enhance social and environmental good. I have 1.5 more years in my PhD program, and I am researching the financial well-being of American households, particularly how we can help those who are not well off. Both of us questioned these decisions when we started, as they were neither the easiest nor most lucrative. Something I think we share is a belief that these are paths where our energies and passions are best applied to enhance our communities. Not surprisingly, as two graduate students, we have not had the easiest road. We have had to struggle to balance our educations and finances in order to get by. Shannon moved to California to help support me by working with Big Brothers Big Sisters while I was beginning my PhD. Recently, I have moved to Michigan to be with her, working part time while writing my dissertation. We will likely move again before the wedding, but we’re happy because we are building our lives and our careers together. Throughout our time as students we have been fortunate to have in our lives those rare people whose honest and generous help is nothing short of a gift of grace. Shannon’s aunt and uncle in Jensen Beach have looked after us with the zeal of loving parents. On my side, an uncle and aunt took us in last summer so Shannon could do her internship with Habitat for Humanity in Atlanta. Shannon’s father, who has worked for Publix Bakery for many years, has generously offered to pay for much of the wedding. As we go through these transitions, we are overjoyed to begin our wedding planning together. We were very pleased to meet you recently at the Port St. Lucie bridal show, and we would love for you to help us document this event.

PHOTO PROVIDED BY JEFF AND SHANNON

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We can't tell you how excited and grateful we are to have you photographing our wedding! We love your work and can't believe we're getting such a wonderful gift. We can't wait for you to document our special day!

Jeff and Shannon